Search This Blog

Tuesday, 13 April 2010

ALTERED MIRROR FRAME An experiment that went right!

The photo's really didn't do this project justice, This was a very cheap mirror in frame that had loads of blemishes and knots in, so I used it for practise but I really quite like the result, I thought it looked a bit hippy..ish! I stamped directly on to the frame then coloured in with pro-markers, added two grunge paper flowers coloured with stazon and distress inks, highlighted random bits with glossy accents and added a few flat back gems to the cente of some of the small flowers and some flower embellishments to the larger ones, there was a notch on the inside edge, I found a tiny silver coloured dragonfly and stuck it over the notch,I got the idea for using the mirror from Lucy Edmondson, who made a beautiful Alice in wonderland theme,and also my good mate Jude Grant who also made a gorgeous Alice mirror! I have a couple more mirrors to do I am looking forward to having ago at altering them!

2 comments:

  1. This is sooooo gorgeous and looks even better in real life -very hippy chic. You have such a great eye for colour and I love all the little details. I can't wait to see your next mirrors :) xx

    ReplyDelete